Volunteers are essential to St. Mary Magdalen School. Please volunteer in ways you will enjoy and keep track of your hours on the Volunteer Service Hour Log. Your time will then be credited toward your contract obligation.
In addition, families who share our school’s social media posts from Instagram, Facebook or otherwise, will also earn service hours. For every 4 social media posts shared on your personal site, you will earn 1 service hour. Just note the four posts shared and how you shared in the Volunteer Log.
What it Takes to Volunteer
- Be cleared through the Virtus program. (See Safe Environment Training)
- Each family is required to serve 30 service hours each school year in an approved capacity here at St. Mary Magdalen school or church ministry only.
- All hours are required to be logged within 60 days of earning the hours.
- A minimum of 50% of your hours volunteered must be volunteered through the school. You may not work more than 50% of your hours through the church or a church ministry.
- The requirement for families with preschool students only is 15 hours per year.
- Service Hours are worked from May 17, 2020 to May 15, 2021.
- After May 15th, any unworked Service Hours ($20.00 per every unworked hour) will be charged to your FACTS account.
- Hours and/or proceeds from volunteering are not transferable to other families or other contract obligations.
- Volunteers working on the campus are required to sign in, wear the volunteer badge, and sign out when leaving.
There are often other requests for volunteers listed in our weekly family newsletter and on our parent Facebook page. If you have any questions about how you can get involved and earn hours, please contact Melissa Morrier-Turk, Director of Development (firstname.lastname@example.org).