The Archdiocese of Seattle has had a long commitment to the protection of children, youth and vulnerable adults. For more than 25 years, the Archdiocese has taken steps to assure the safety of those who serve in our parishes, schools and agencies. Sexual abuse, sexual misconduct and sexual harassment are abusive and harmful actions that have no place in the Church community or in society. The Archdiocese of Seattle deeply cherishes the bond of sacred trust between its members.
The Archdiocese of Seattle requires all Church and School Personnel and Volunteers to take part in our Safe Environment Program.
Everyone must complete the following:
- Set up a profile on the Virtus website. (http://www.virtus.org/virtus/index.cfm)
- Successfully undergo a criminal background check every three years, completed electronically on the Virtus website
- Complete the Protecting God’s Children course (one time in person class) and online video refresher courses every three years in conjunction with Background Check renewal.
- Read and sign the Archdiocesan Polices of Conduct, completed electronically on the Virtus website.
- Complete an Archdiocesan Driver Form (if driving on field trips) and submit current Proof of Insurance.
Volunteers and employees will not be eligible to work or volunteer in any capacity until these requirements have been satisfied.
There will be a training September 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the Parish Hall.
Please call the office with any questions.