Student government allows St. Mary Magdalen students to build leadership skills while participating in the operation of school events. Training and experience in leadership are provided to student representatives in grades four through eight.
Eighth Grade Student Commissioners are elected into office at the end of seventh grade. To be eligible the seventh grader must:
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher by the end of 3rd quarter.
- Be involved in various school-related activities during seventh grade; these may include seventh grade activities as well as school activities (assemblies, Service Club, etc.).
- Show leadership ability in a positive way.
- Practice Christian social values.
- Have participated in fundraising or demonstrated support for the school in some identifiable manner.